September 2016 - June 2017
Welcome to Glen Elm Community School!
Our newest monthly Newsletter and Calendar may be found here.
Starting in January, we will be accepting Kindergarten Registrations for the 2017-2018 school year too. Current registration forms may be found here.
Parents can also access information about their child's education and attendance using the Parent Portal. To obtain an access ID and Password for Parent Portal, you will need to come into the school to pick up the sheets in person.
Tuesday December 13th
Doors Open @ 5:45 PM
Three Way Conferences
will be held on
Friday November 25th
*No regular classes will be held on this day*
There will be no school on:
Thursday November 10th - Professional Development Day
Friday November 11th - Remembrance DAY
We wish all our Glen Elm families a Happy Thanksgiving
This Friday is a staff Professional Development day. There will not be any classes for students. Classes will resume on Tuesday, October 11, 2016.
Have a great long weekend!
School is out for 2015-2016. We hope that all of our students and families have a restful, relaxing and rejuvenating summer!
School resumes on September 1. If you want to see next years' calendar, register at Glen Elm for 2016-2017, or access our Class Supply List, use the 2016-2017 Calendar and Supply List tab on the left in the Public Menu box.
Staff will be in our building starting on August 29th!
PS -Keep reading this summer!
Our Grade 8 Graduating Class of 2016.
Congratulations to our Knights and all the best in high school!
On December 14, 2015, the Regina Public Schools Board of Trustees approved a plan for universal lunchroom supervision.
[From 2008 to present], anecdotally schools have reported a substantial increased workload associated with organizing and maintaining the free lunch hour supervision program. Additionally, schools have reported an increase of pressure on school staffs. Finally, the associated costs with funding a free universal elementary lunch hour supervision program have increased.
(Review of Universal Lunchroom Supervision Program and Implementation Plan for the 2016-17 School Year, December 2015)
1. Parents of all Grades 1 to 8 students staying at noon who do not qualify for transportation by the division will be required to pay a registration fee at the beginning of the school year.
2. Parents of Grades 1 to 8 students whose child will stay at noon must complete a lunchroom registration form for each child who will be using the lunchroom services of the school.
3. Parents will identify the following:
a. Transported or qualify for transportation by the school division (bus/cab), or
b. Not transported by the school division, full-time usage of lunchroom, or
c. Not transported by the school division, part-time usage of lunchroom.
4. Full-time is defined as 51% or more usage; part-time is defined as 50% or less usage.
5. In the event that a student is not transported or does not qualify for transportation by the school division, the fee rate will be as follows:
a. Full-time - $100 per year per child
b. Part-time - $50 per year per child
6. Students registered at a Regina Public school after January 31st, will pay the pro-rated rate of $50/$25 per child for that school year.
7. Fees will be paid one time through the school office. A receipt of payment of noon-hour supervision fees will be provided to parents. Parents will be encouraged to pay in full at the beginning of the school year. To support families who may have financial need, there is the option of splitting the payments, half in September and half in February.
8. If a family moves from one Regina Public school to another, the fee is transferable but is non-refundable.
9. Where there is financial need, families may contact their school principal.
10. The maximum paid by one family to supervise all of their children will be $200. This applies to both full-time and part-time usage, as well as registrations after Jan. 31st.
11. For further information, please contact your school principal.